It being, as I have mentioned before, Autumn, I decided to go out in my local area. There is, of course, the housing estate, but I focussed on the Four Greens, a recreational area of sorts right in the middle of the estate. Using the rather amazing lightmeter (all dials and needles) to figure out what the sun was playing with, I opted for some high ISO (the film I got was 400, so had to) but also high shutter speed (1/500th second) pictures. This would require me to use very low f stops, so giving me a very wide aperture and very shallow depth of field. This should, if my plan worked, give the pictures a dreamy look, the high shutter speed washing out the colours slightly and the wide aperture causing softness around the subject.
Out of a 36 exposure film, I got 16 good exposures. Well, by "good" I mean "not a complete disaster". The first 4 were a washout, literally, because the film got stuck and exposed to light. Some of the others, primarily landscape oriented, were cut in half or faded to black or white at either edge. This was caused by the shutter curtain getting stuck, and only properly firing when the shutter was released. This resulted in lots of irreparable damage to the picture, which is a shame. Of course, some of them were duplicates where I was messing with alternative settings, so 16 isn't too bad, all things considered.
So there you have it. One roll of film from my lovely, ancient, sticky-shuttered camera. I've since found a M44 to Nikon AF adapter so I can use the Helios lens on my Fuji S1 Pro. Let's see what I can make it do when I have the benefits of digital review to assist me!